Zombies Take Over Frenchtown Oct 26th
The annual Frenchtown Zombie Crawl and Scavenger Hunt takes place on Saturday, Oct. 26th from 12-4pm. The crawl commences, or shall we say rises from the ground, at noon in Sunbeam Lenape Park along the river.
Come in costume and makeup OR have your makeup done by us! Zombie makeup artists will be on hand to transform the living into the dead.
The skilled zombie team will be offering makeup, face painting and special effects ranging from $5 to $15. Scavenger hunt through town / Zombie Contest is $5 per person / $10 per family/team. Everyone is encouraged to dress in their deadly best for the zombie costume contest.
- Shuffle through town on a photo scavenger hunt for brains and zombie
Points = prizes.
- Spend time in Sunbeam Park observing the undead transformations.
- Peruse offerings from a select offering of spooky vendors.
- Catch the Zombie Bagpiper between 12:30-2:30.
- Experience the the Star City Tribal Zombie Belly Dance Troupe at 3:15.
- Enjoy snacks, refreshments and sway to zombie inspired tunes.
- Tour the zombie Barbie / baby doll graveyard.
- Admire the apocalyptic decor.
- Play zombie games.
- Appreciate the downtown scarecrows created by Frenchtown Elementary School students.
- Stop in the shops to see how our merchants are embracing small town zombie culture.
Awards Categories: Best in Zombie Crawl, Best Zombie Makeup (done by participant), Best Zombie Couple, Best Zombie Kid (12 and under), Best Zombie Costume, Best Makeup by Event Artist (awarded to artist and zombie), Most Original Zombie.
Find the Zombie Bagpiper around town 12:30-2:30. Rendezvous back in the park at 3pm to tally scavenger hunt scores. Performance by Star City Tribal Belly Dance Troupe at 3:15pm. Zombie contest lineup 3:30. Awards and Prizes at 3:45.
Zombies and zombie allies are encouraged to stick around after the event for more Frenchtown spookiness. Dine in costume, practice your lurking, and be amongst your people.
The Frenchtown Witch Project, presented by Frenchtown First Fridays at the Ressarts Projects located at 2 Kingwood Ave. The Witch Project begins at 8pm on Friday, Oct. 25th and will disappear at midnight on Saturday, Oct. 26th.
Halloween Parade organized by the Frenchtown American Legion, 510 Harrison Street.
Nighttime Festivities, Music and Spirits at the Rathskeller, The National Hotel & Restaurant, 31 Race Street.
For more info on these and other Frenchtown happenings, visit LoveFrenchtown on Facebook or LoveFrenchtown.org.